Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1.5 cups Coca Cola
- 114g butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 treacle sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp bicarb
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs – beatenIcing:
- 200g butter – softened
- 350g icing sugar – sieved
- 2 – 4 Tbs rum (Optional)
- Preheat oven – 180’C and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Combine Coke and butter and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add cocoa powder and sugar and whisk until dissolved and mixture is smooth. Allow to cool.
- Combine flour, bicarb and salt in a large bowl.
- Add eggs to the cooled cocoa mixture and stir to combine. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners 3/4 of the way. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer stuck in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before icing.
- To make the icing, beat the butter until light and fluffy – about 5 – 10 minutes. Slowly add the icing sugar in batches and keep beating until dissolved – another 5 – 10 minutes. Add the rum and mix in.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.